Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back and with models painted!

I've done some painting and playing recently. I got sidetracked from the Wolves by painting more Salamanders. I really like the red bolters like they had in the old Space Marines codex, so I used it on my new Assault Squad. Here's an example:

From Misc 40k


I also painted Ahriman for my friend. I've had his model for months and months and months and months...and months. I wanted to paint Ahriman cuz I really like the Thousand Sons. Here's how he came out. This was a pretty quick job. It only took me about 3 hours from black primer to what you see her. That included pinning his very delicate wrist. Check it!

From Misc 40k


Now that I've gotten everything else done that I wanted, I am on to Russ' Wolves! Here is my first model. I've got an Apocalypse game coming up in a couple of months, so I'm doing a squad of Wolves led by Ragnar to team up with the Salamanders. It's going to be Ragnar and 15 Blood Claws in a Land Raider Crusader. I even got some Forgeworld Space Wolves doors for the Land Raider. I'll get pics of that when I start it. Here's my 1st official Space Wolf model. I think he came out awesome! I'm really pleased.

From 40k Space Wolves


From 40k Space Wolves


From 40k Space Wolves

3 comments:

  1. All your paint jobs look really nice and clean. Ever thought about basing your models? It would take them to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I always base in sand right before I prime, that way the sand stays on better. Then it's usually a quick drybrush of brown when I'm done with the model and then some static grass and it's good to go. Simple as can be too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words guys.

    I do usually base my models. I do it after I'm done and I glue some sand and static grass over the brown painted base. On my next army, I'm going to try to put the sand down before I prime. I haven't tried that method yet.

    ReplyDelete